- How much does it cost to move?
- Do you offer free in-home estimates?
- Is there a weight restriction on packed boxes?
- Do you supply packing boxes?
- Are wardrobe boxes supplied?
- Do you have storage facilities?
- Will my furniture be protected during my move?
- Is there anything I can do to keep my moving costs down?
- When does the hourly rate begin?
- What are payment options?
- Are you affiliated with a Van Line?
- Can you transport automobiles?
- Is my move tax deductible?
- When moving to the United States, what customs forms are required?
How much does it cost to move?
The rates are based on whether it is a local or long distance move and the time of year. Local moves are charged by the hour. Long distance moves are charged based on weight and mileage.
Do you offer free in-home estimates?
Yes, the estimates are free and you are under no obligation to book.
Is there a weight restriction on packed boxes?
Yes, no more than 50 lbs. per carton. Or, if you can’t move it, the movers can’t.
Do you supply packing boxes?
Yes we do. For local moves, various sized used cartons are available and are refundable if returned within 30 days of your move. Additional packing material may be purchased at a nominal charge.
Are wardrobe boxes supplied?
Yes, wardrobe boxes are supplied on the day of your move for local moves.
Do you have storage facilities?
Yes, we have palletized storage located at our warehouse.
Will my furniture be protected during my move?
Upholstered furniture is plastic wrapped and leather & wooden furniture is pad/blanket wrapped.
Is there anything I can do to keep my moving costs down?
- Discard any items you will no longer need
- Keep away from peak moving times
- Disassemble & reassemble beds and large shelving units
- Have everything packed in boxes and ready to go when the movers arrive. The last thing you want is to have the movers wait while you finish packing.
When does the hourly rate begin?
The charges start from the time we leave our office until the time of return. This includes traveling time to your home to load and from your final destination address back to our office.
What are payment options?
On a local move, we require a deposit upon booking. Final payment is paid on completion of your move. For your convenience we also accept Visa & MasterCard. On a long distance move payment is cash, certified cheque, Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Are you affiliated with a Van Line?
Yes, we are affiliated with Atlas Van Lines and are capable of moving World Wide.
Can you transport automobiles?
Your vehicles can be shipped on the moving truck with your furniture, on a car carrier or by rail.
Is my move tax deductible?
If you are moving 40 km. or more to start a new job, business or attend school, and are paying for the move yourself, moving charges are tax deductible.
When moving to the United States, what customs forms are required?
You need a 3299 Homeland Security customs declaration form which can be downloaded at here.